Major activities of the NCD & Health Promotion Unit
1. Screening at worksites and in the community
(a) NCDs – diabetes, hypertension, obesity and vision.
(b) breast and cervical cancer for married/sexually active women aged 30 to 60 years.
2. Screening – School Health Programme for Secondary Schools
Students of Form III and Lower VI of Secondary Schools
3. Screening – School Health Programme for Tertiary Level
students of Industrial Vocational Training Board (IVTB) and of tertiary level.
4. Empowerment programmes:
(a) Training of community leaders
(b) Training of housewives on Nutrition & Healthy Lifestyle.
(c) Training to cope with emerging diseases like Chikungunya and Dengue.
5. Physical Activity:
Coordinating physical activity (yoga, aerobics, physical exercise) for women, senior citizens and the public at large.
6. Organise talks on NCD and risk factors:
NCD encourage people to attend talks on NCDs, physical exercise, cooking demonstration, smoking, alcohol, lifestyle management.
7. Social mobilization and community participation:
(a) establish local health committees.
(b) organize regular meetings with the community leaders.
(c) enlist participation of the community.
8. Research works:
conduct surveys / studies at national level.