MISSION STATEMENT OF THE NCD & HEALTH PROMOTION UNIT
1. Promote the health status of the population.
1. Screen as many people for NCDs as possible at worksites, schools and outreach regions and in the community at large.
2. Enhance the health status of the community by means of nutritional intervention and increased physical activity.
3. Improvise infrastructural facilities to promote physical activity in the community.
4. Organise and dispense health education and counseling services to prevent the onset of NCDs and also to prevent complications.
5. Offer opportunities for lifestyle management.
6. Sensitise and mobilize the community and enlist their participation in health activities.
7. Empower the community to take control of their health.
8. Organise celebration of International Health Events.
9. Conduct research, monitoring and evaluation activities.